Project title: THE INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT OF THE LABORATORY OF PHYSICAL-MECHANICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF POLYMERS IN ORDER TO TEST THE WASTE PLASTIC MATERIALS FOR RECOVERY
Contract number: 18CP/2007
Financing: Governmental budget - Ministerul Educatiei, Cercetarii, Tineretului si Sportului, Program 2 - CAPACITIES
Project budget: 1,800,000 lei
Contract period: 2007-2009
Contracting Authority: National Authority for Scientific Research - ANCS, Bucharest, 21-25 Mendeleev street, sector 1, 010362, phone/fax: 021.318.30.67, http://www.mct.ro, RO 17728123
Executing institution: National Institute of Research and Development for Chemistry and Petrochemistry-ICECHIM Bucharest, 202 Splaiul Independentei street, sector 6, 060021, phone +40 21.315.32.99, fax +40 21.312.34.93, http://www.icechim.ro, RO 2627996
The main objective of this project is to develop the ICECHIM capacity in the field of physical-mechanical and rheological characterization of polymers, polymeric composites and plastic waste materials for recovery acquiring high performance research equipments.
Some of the specific project objectives:
- equipping the laboratory for physical-mechanical characterization of polymers at the level imposed by the European Union;
- elaboration of some procedures for polymers, polymeric composites and plastic waste materials characterization which will allow defining new fields of application;
- investigation of some new application fields for polymers, composites and waste plastic materials based on rheological and molding tests and on the characterization in special conditions of temperature, frequency and rate, etc.;
- simulation of the work conditions from industrial installations and defining the operational parameters for obtaining high performance products from polymers and plastic wastes
The investment consists in purchasing the following apparatus and research equipments:
- equipment for rheological characterization of polymer melts, polymeric composites and plastic wastes;
- equipment for physical-mechanical characterization of polymers, polymeric composites and plastic wastes.
The new infrastructure will allow the investigation of physical - chemical and rheological properties of polymers and polymeric composites and will lead to find new fields of application for the tested materials, establishing new theory and models, inclusive some new design and optimization instruments for polymeric materials.