Project specific objectives are:
- Obtaining of high performance materials for automotive engine wear parts, rotating bearing
balls and rollers, ceramics armour and electrical insulators;
- The very high quality components developed for these high reliable applications allows
satisfying many severe mechanical, thermal and wearing applications;
- Development of a cost effective procedure;
- Use of low value raw materials;
- Development of SME in Romania and Turkey with the increase of jobs.
- technologies for synthesis of silica with controlled granulometry and nanoporosity and advanced purity;
- template polymerization technologies for the production of inorganic-organic hybrid
- controlled cyclization and oxidation technologies of the carbopolymers;
- technologies for high temperature and controlled atmosphere synthesis of silicon nitride.
The Turkish partners will be involved in:
- tehnologies for ceramic articles producing;
- development of methods for assessment of properties of the new intermediate and finished
The following measurable results are expected:
The high performance materials produced at a low cost will have a powerful market impact, allowing the replacement of classical materials with new products. The fact that the realized products will be at the highest quality and environment European standards, will allow that the increase of the production will be obtained on new European markets. By the project implementation a new generation of advanced ceramics materials will be obtained at world top level, allowing penetrating also on other international markets. The possibility of the obtaining of ceramics products by gel casting techniques permits obtaining a large variety of ceramics parts, especially for industrial applications. The outstanding properties of the special ceramics and the large field of application will insure a big demand on new potential markets and the possibility of selling the obtained patents, to other interested firms.
- superior valorizing of the European material sources, especially those with an actual low value of utilization, as serpentinite reserves;
- assuring an economical durable development, at regional level;
- widening the range of advanced ceramics and growing the physical production of the unities from the chemical and metallurgical industry, which will lead to an increase of the GDP for Romania and Turkey;
- increasing the technical and quality level of the advanced composite materials manufactured in Romania and Turkey, which will lead to an increase of the competitiveness and to an improvement of the position of the SMEs on the market;
- rise of the profit in manufacturing advanced materials, by producing products with a high value, according to the demands of some new application fields;
- satisfying the market demands concerning the novelty of the products, which could generate a new demand on the market;
- making an efficient use of material resources by the economical units from Europe (user beneficiaries);
- development of the partnership between the economical unit (SMEs) and the centers for research and development.
- increase of capacity of integration in thematic areas and illustrative programs for the European research area, including FP7;
- stimulation of the formation of research lab networks in the field of nanotechnology and new materials, by cooperation between the research institutes and universities;
- increasing the capacity of integration into partnerships and programs at European level in the thematic field no. 4: "Nanosciences and nanotechnologies, materials and new processes of production, following the development of an industry based upon knowledge"
- stimulating the formation of scientific and technological service centres for economical agents from industry for the nanomaterials field;
- carrying on the development of research in the field of synthesis and processing of polymers, chemical engineering and material science, and of the complex characterization of materials;
- completing technological integrated networks, in the thematic field no. 4: nanotechnologies and nanosciences;
- increasing the economical units (beneficiary) capacity of absorbing the research activity results, by technological transfer and by innovation stimulating;
- dissemination on a large scale of the unpattented results by scientific communication, specialized papers, workshops, exhibitions, CD-ROM, web page, etc.
- suggesting technologies of valorizing the serpentine heaps from the natural areas of Europe;
- manufacturing new materials by ecological processes, without toxic emissions and waste waters;
- protection of employees and environment both by the manufacturer and by the user.
- development of new jobs;
- regional development;
- attracting young graduated students within the project and sustaining them for a future
integration in the production process.